Another week has passed and the S&P 500 continues to reclaim lost ground with the index testing 2700 on Thursday (now up over 16% from the December low!). As is typical of moves of this magnitude, this rally caught the majority of market participants out as contrarians (and our Trading Club members) enjoyed the rapid gains. Here’s a reminder of how our US Equity Checklist looked on January 1st, having flipped positive as we entered a new month (and year):
The rally since has been blistering, but enough with all that. It seems indulgent to keep discussing our winners, butfrankly our process has been incredibly reliable recently in correctly identifying some profitable trading setups. As I mentioned in last week’s blog, we are now sharing a full length ‘replay’ of our previous Trading Club videos that everyone can access for free on our official YouTube channel. This is real evidence of what we are producing week in and week out, applying our Checklist process to real markets in real time - with no edits! Our Trading Club members get to see them first, and only after 3 months will we share these premium videos publicly to honour the subscriptions of our fully paid members.
Here’s a quick summary of the analysis you can see in this week’s Trading Club Replay video, first recorded on 7 November featuring our November Monthly Checklist Report produced 31 October;
- SPX Checklist +2 2755 >>> (OPENED AT 2680 PREV WEEK) >>> Ended 2760 (2815 High)
- GBP Checklist +0.5 1.3166 >>> (“MOVED A LOT FURTHER THAN ANTICIPATED ON LAST WEEK’S LONG SETUP… move looks to be done, profit taking area") Ended 1.2750
- EUR Checklist -2.5 1.15 >>> Ended 1.14 (1.12 Low)
- CAD Checklist -2.5 1.31 >>> Ended 1.33 (“EXPECT CAD WEAKNESS TO RESUME - USDCAD looks higher”)
- GOLD Checklist 0 1226 >>> 1230 (“THE RANGE TRADE HAS WORKED, LOOKS SET TO CONTINUE”)
- CRUDE Checklist -4.5 62 >>> 52 (50 Low) (“THE BEST TRADE OF THE PAST 2 MONTHS SHORT CRUDE" - “SIGNIFICANT MOVE FROM 66 TO 62 IN THE PAST WEEK, REMAINING NEGATIVE ON CRUDE”)
“Keep an eye on the US dollar..."
Just as a reminder, Trading Club members get first access to our exclusive analysis in real time each week along with our Checklist Report produced a month in advance of the action. If you would like to become a member, please sign up here or contact our team for more information. And as always, if you would like to learn how to trade like Lex in our Million Dollar Traders course, you are welcome to join the Academy (contact our team for a special discount as a reader of this blog).